🖌️ Product Designer
- Design & User Experience
- Boston, MA
- Remote friendly
2021-10-29 12:07:57 UTC
Hi there 👋, glad that you found us! I hope that this page explains what we do pretty well. Feel free to add a question in the form below if there’s anything unclear.
Acho is building a Collaborative GUI for data engineering tasks. From building a data connector, data pipeline to supporting an application, we make Acho accessible to all members of a team regardless of their roles, technical background.
Today, hundreds of business teams use Acho to transform their processes and unlock more value from their data than ever before. Team Acho is engineering-focused and collaborative. Recently closed a Seed Round by Y Combinator, VCs, and industry leaders, we are setting off to solve some of the hardest problems in the data space today.
We love designers proposing new ideas and solutions, from the start to the end. For example, a new requirement often originates from the business team. And it may very likely be your responsibility to do the research, generate inspiration, flesh out ideas, present with the team, produce pixel-perfect design materials, and conduct the marketing campaign.
• Own the design process for our team, collaborating with the product manager, customer advocate, and solution engineers to ship customer value.
• Rapidly build prototypes with apps and codes before working with engineers to ship production-ready, client-facing products.
• Build strong online presence for our product by producing compelling graphics, videos and digital assets for marketing materials.
• Spend time talking to customers, understanding their problems, and validating that your solutions solve a real problem for them.
• Build strong marketing campaign by communicating our idea with clients
• You need to know how to create amazing digital interface using Adobe products or equivalent
• You need to know the basics of front-end development and be able to build prototypes using Vue.js, React.js, Bootstrap etc.
• You need to have at least 3+ years of experience designing, marketing, or selling digital products
• You need to understand some of the basic business logics in B2B markets.
• You need to be very detail oriented and organized.
• You love to write and publish your ideas online.
• You love listening to customers, discussing strategy with colleagues
Acho is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity, and work every day to create an inclusive work environment that represents the world that we live in
What does the interview process look like?
We’ll reach out for an intro call after reviewing your resume. We may follow by scheduling a technical interview. If the tech round went well, we’d give you a small project. After assessing the project, we’d be ready and make an offer.
Can I work remotely?
Yes. We support a hybrid of remote and on-site work environments.
What’s it like working for a startup?
Being a small nimble team is the best way to grow fast both personally and collectively as a team. We tend to debunk some of the stereotypes about working at a startup. We rarely work overtime. Our processes are pretty clear and structured. Our goal is super defined. Our financial risk is actually a lot lower than a lot of established businesses as we have zero debt, fewer commitments/overheads, and actually grow each month.
What can I expect in terms of compensation?
We aim to compensate competitively. Additionally, we ensure a “happy rate” and boost in pay for every milestone we achieve together.
What’s unique about this role?
The product designer on our team solves a lot of problems, from usability issues, information architecture, visual branding, to even engineering feasibility, our product designer detects, defines and solves problems around our products and services. To quote the famous saying by Steve Jobs, “It's not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.”
What’s special about team Acho?
We’re a group of builders who aren’t afraid of the toughest engineering challenges. The world as we understand it is a big puzzle with tons of problems to be solved. The bigger our goal is, the more and harder the problems become. We’d always want to be the team that solves the most, and hardest problems.